Home | My profile | Registration | Log out | Login
Tuesday, 2024-04-16, 9:06 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
ƒatality ƒorum§ » FPS Public Gaming Forum » General » YOUR OPINION (UNCLE SAM WANTS YOU!!!)
YOUR OPINION
Should we ban racial slurs?
1.Yes[ 7 ][38.89%]
2.No[ 8 ][44.44%]
3.Doesnt matter[ 3 ][16.67%]
Answers total: 18
Heather[FL]Date: Sunday, 2010-09-12, 4:07 PM | Message # 1
[-F-]Admin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO VOTE -- ALL MEMBERS -- GUEST -- FRIENDS
WE'LL LEAVE IT UP FOR A WEEK OR SO TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE GETS THERE CHANCE
MAKE SURE WHEN YOU VOTE TO LEAVE A COMMENT STATING WHY YOU VOTED YES, NO, OR DOESNT MATTER--
THIS WILL INCLUDE ALL RACIAL REMARKS SUCH AS ( NIGGER, WETBACK, CRACKER, BLUEGUMS ECT.....)
If this goes into affect we will be kicking any members that say it.
--VOTE YES TO BAN THE WORDS
--VOTE NO TO KEEP THE WORDS
--INDECISIVE

PLEASE ONLY POST ONCE I DONT WANNA SEE PEOPLE ARGUING THERE FACTS SAY WHAT YA GOTTA SAY AND WE'LL SEE HOW IT LOOKS IN TWO WEEKS.

Thanks |FL|

"& i can Die now, Rebirth Mother Fucker Hop up in my spaceship & leave earth motherfucker"

Heather[FL]Date: Sunday, 2010-09-12, 4:09 PM | Message # 2
[-F-]Admin
Awards: 4
personally its just another word because we use it toward everyone not just a certain ethnicity =)

"& i can Die now, Rebirth Mother Fucker Hop up in my spaceship & leave earth motherfucker"

GigglesDate: Sunday, 2010-09-12, 5:54 PM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
I know I am guilty of saying some of these every now and then, I assure you in no way am I trying to offend or hurt anyone in any way and I am sure no one else here is either. If they were to directly attack you that would be different and I am sure action would be taken, but as for casual convo I have to say no to the ban.

BodyModifierDate: Sunday, 2010-09-12, 6:37 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Awards: 0
I say ban the use of racial slurs, There are so many more fun and creative ways to verbally fuck with friends and assholes. If anyone knows of the flatliners clan, I took exception to one of their members calling me the n-word, so they banned me, saying that I was just a ghetto n-word who hacks (funny since I'm white as mayo and don't cheat). Yeah I know I'm not a member, but I have an opinion on just about everything. biggrin

P.S. get a TS3 server ffs...

Ðårk•RiflemaNDate: Sunday, 2010-09-12, 10:10 PM | Message # 5
Private
Awards: 2
I agree to the ban, the use of such words were the only reason I quiet the clan. I know that they wern't used in an offensive way as I know those who use it well enough to know they mean no such harm. I do however strongly dislike them and how old and pointless such terms are these days. I doubt i'd ever get a place in the clan again but if the ban was made I'd be right in given the chance.

A beautiful sight,
We're happy tonight.
Walking in a winter wonderland.

StrawberryShakeMan[AdM]Date: Sunday, 2010-09-12, 11:26 PM | Message # 6
Fatality Admin
Awards: 5
My opinion is if they are specifically directed towards someone verbally attacking them or their race then obviously some sort of action will be taken but any other time I really dont think its right to censor a whole group of people from saying those words or any other word for that manner.

Nice to hear from you Body, haven't seen you in a long time happy

The-Rogue-NinjaDate: Tuesday, 2010-09-14, 1:22 AM | Message # 7
[-F-]Admin
Group: Officers
Awards: 2
In my honest opinion, if someone uses a "vulgar" word but they are not using it towards someone in a negative way, then it really does not matter. For example: A black guy getting offended while overhearing a white use the term "nigger" in a random conversation while not, in any manner, directing that term towards the black guy in any possible way. Therefore, the black guy would have no reason to get offended over the use of that word. I am not by any means racist (one of my best friends is black), I am just giving my opinion that was also what Shake was implying. If it's not used in an offensive manner, then you have no means to get offended by it. And if you do get offended by it when not used in such a negative way, then you are just oversensitive. If someone calls me a cracker, well, so what. It's just a word. If you call me a pasty-skinned piece of shit, well, who gives a damn. These are just words and people need to get over it.

Added (2010-09-14, 1:22 Am)
---------------------------------------------
I haven't been on lately, but if people have been overusing these racial slurs, then at least give them a warning or something. Now if people are intentionally being disrespective, then I say ban their asses.

MetallifanDate: Tuesday, 2010-09-14, 12:06 PM | Message # 8
Group: Members
Awards: 1
I think we should just be safe rather than sorry and not use them. It only offends people.

Message edited by Achen - Tuesday, 2010-09-14, 1:34 PM

ƒatality ƒorum§ » FPS Public Gaming Forum » General » YOUR OPINION (UNCLE SAM WANTS YOU!!!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: